Our Association also works in networks and participates in different organizations related to the Roma community, adult education and the fight against gender violence at regional, national and European levels.
Some of these organizations in which DromKotar Mestipen participates are:
- Pla Integral del Poble Gitano a Catalunya promoted by the Departament de Benestar Social i Família de la Generalitat de Catalunya and specifically within the administration as part of the working groups of Women and Education and as members of its Advisory Council.
- Federació d’Associacions Culturals i Educatives de Persones Adultes (FACEPA) – Consell Municipal del Poble Gitano de l’Ajuntament de Barcelona, both in the permanent commission and in the work commissions.
- Centre d’Estudis Gitanos de la UB, in the Assessor Council.
- Intergroup of the Roma People of the Parliament of Catalonia.
Apart from these groups, Drom Kotar Mestipen has participated as a collaborating institution in other European projects and Spanish projects.
At the national level:
Drom Kotar Mestipen is a member of KAMIRA, a Federation of Roma women from Córdoba, Spain. The collaboration has become stronger during the last years, especially with the work of empowering Roma women, and the concern of how to deal with gender violence and human trafficking, which also affects greatly the Roma communities.
At the European level:
Drom Kotar Mestipen is an invited member of three recognized organizations active at the European level, where in each of them the voices of grassroots Romani women are carried.
- The International Romani Women Network (IRWN)
- European Women’s Lobby
- EU Civil Society Platform against Trafficking in Human beings